Paysafecash now live at petrol stations across Austria
With Paysafecash, Paysafe is offering a new, secure and simple cash-based payment method for online purchases in most areas of ecommerce. It is now possible to buy things online with Paysafecash at 730 petrol stations across Austria.
Pay cash for online purchases at Austria's petrol stations
With this addition to its growing distribution network, the number of Paysafecash payment points has now reached around 3,500 in Austria – which, in addition to the petrol stations, includes most tobacconists. Paysafecash was launched by Paysafe Group and developed by the team behind paysafecard, a market leading online prepaid payment method. It is already available in more than 20 countries in Europe and in Canada.
This is how payment with Paysafecash works at a petrol station:
- The customer selects “Paysafecash” at the online checkout as the payment method and generates a barcode.
- The barcode can be printed out or sent to a smartphone.
- The barcode is scanned at the petrol station’s cash desk and the customer pays the amount due in cash.
- The purchase is complete; the online shop is automatically informed about the payment and the goods are shipped. Done!
The main advantages of Paysafecash for consumers are:
- Security: By removing the need to disclose sensitive bank account information or credit card data online, the payment is completely secure.
- The network of payment points: A big-name brand petrol station is always nearby. In addition to the tobacconist shops, Paysafecash is now also available at all Aral, Avia, BP, Oil, Pink and Shell petrol stations.
Now, following the increased availability of Paysafecash payment points across Austria, customers will now be able to pay for online purchases 24 hours a day, 7 days a week due to longer opening hours at some petrol stations.
Udo Müller, as the CEO of paysafecard, responsible for Paysafecash, about this milestone: "With Paysafecash, we are providing another innovative cash payment solution for online purchases. Many consumers would prefer to pay in cash online and now they have another method which can cover their requirements in addition to paysafecard. The partnership with the major petrol station operators means that our network of local payment points is becoming even stronger with the opportunity to pay with Paysafecash is on the doorstep of even more consumers."
Emmanuel Fink, Managing Director of Lekkerland Austria, a Paysafecash distribution partner, adds: "Using our sales and logistics expertise, we are now bringing Paysafecash to petrol stations across the country. With this, we are supplementing our payment portfolio with a new method that enables people to pay for their online purchases simply and securely with cash. Petrol stations are becoming more important and appealing as a local supplier for consumers."